Join us on January 6th at the Aria Resort & Casino (9:00 AM PST) for Digital Hollywood CES 2020 to discuss the Top Technology and Entertainment Companies in AR/VR/XR.
9-10 AM January 6
Aria Resort and Casino, Level 3, Juniper 4
About the Panel:
The AR/VR/XR industries might be understood as V/X on all Platforms: Social Media – Smartphone – Computing, TV/Movies, and Live Experiences. From visual communications, advertising, news, retail data and vertical specialties to cinematic experiences, this is the world that surrounds us.
Kristina Serafim, Director, Verizon Ventures
Marcie Jastrow, SVP of Immersive Media, Technicolor Experience Center
Sarah Vick, Head of Business Development, Intel Studios
Neil Parris, AR / VR, Entertainment Partnerships Lead, Google
Steven Masur, Senior Partner, MGA, Moderator
REGISTER TO ATTEND
About the Speakers:
- Steven Masur has over 24 years of experience advising emerging and established businesses on new opportunities and business challenges. He focuses his practice on corporate finance, M&A, intellectual property, entertainment, emerging businesses, and strategic guidance. Steve has extensive experience in angel and venture capital finance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and cross-border transactions in Europe and Asia. He is passionate about helping new businesses plan a path to success, and helping older businesses bridge the gap to new markets. Steve brings a unique mix of legal, business, and strategic experience to bear on client matters. He has counseled enterprise level clients including Shazam, Virgin Mobile, Liberty Media, Yamaha, Nielsen Buzzmetrics, Bob Vila and Conde Nast Publications in corporate, digital media, and new business matters. He has also helped emerging businesses in a wide variety of sectors, and is especially knowledgeable in media, entertainment, cannabis, blockchain advertising, consumer products, technology, including mobile, games, digital music, social media, augmented and virtual reality, software and hardware. Steve has been recognized as a “Rising Star” and a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers. He serves on a variety of corporate and nonprofit boards and industry associations, and lectures and writes about major issues in venture capital, emerging businesses, entertainment law, technology, and corporate strategy.
- Kristina Serafim joined Verizon Ventures from Verizon’s Big Data and Artificial Intelligence product team. Prior to Verizon, Kristina was a Director at Intellectual Ventures, where she led investments in machine learning, media, advertising, and gaming technologies. Kristina’s entrepreneurial experience includes co-founding and leading two software companies, from their inception to acquisition. Kristina also spent several years on the strategy and corporate development teams at IBM and at NAGRA Innovations. She received an electrical and mechanical engineering degree from Kettering University and an MBA from Harvard University. Verizon Ventures invests in key areas leading the future of connectivity, with one focus being on immersive entertainment, as demonstrated by its recent investment in holographic display startup Light Field Labs and consumer VR platform The VOID and hologram platform 8i. Kristina can elaborate on the immersive experiences available to consumers today, the importance of seeing AR/VR/MR technologies as an additional advancement of human vision and even how it will integrate into the enterprise.
- Marcie Jastrow is an industry veteran with over 20 years in the Entertainment business. Currently the SVP of Immersive Media at Technicolor, as well as the Head of the Technicolor Experience Center (TEC), Marcie is dedicated to bringing artists, technologists, and partners together to build the future of immersive media. Since the opening of the TEC in July, 2016, Marcie has consulted on many immersive projects and has provided her insights in dozens of interviews, published articles, and speaking engagements. Focused on igniting VR, AR, and beyond, Marcie sits on several boards including the Interactive Emmys, Periscope, and BAFTA. In 2018, she was honored with the Advanced Imaging Society’s ‘Distinguished Leadership Award’, which recognizes creative, productive and forward-thinking efforts in visual technology and emerging content. Prior to her current role, Marcie was responsible for growing technology and emerging content. Prior to her current role, Marcie was responsible for growing Technicolor’s post-production sales pipeline as SVP of Sales. Before joining Technicolor, she served as EVP of Sales at Laser Pacific, which Technicolor acquired in 2011, as well as SVP of Sales at Modern Video Film for over eight years.
- Sarah Vick, the Head of Business for Intel Studios, is passionate about evolving the media industry to revolutionize the way we tell stories. Her professional expertise in digital transformation, innovation, and new technology strategy enables her to lead partnership development, portfolio management, and content strategy for the leading immersive media studio. With every production, Vick and her team explore how breaking the fourth wall through volumetric capture and immersive experiences can help us create new and more impactful media experiences. Vick holds a BS in Physics from Stanford University and an MBA from the Sloan School of Management at MIT. She was also a Fulbright Scholar and a Siebel Scholar.
- Neil Parris leads Google’s AR / VR content efforts across the entertainment vertical, partnering with world-class IP owners and talent to develop and distribute innovative content experiences across Google’s platforms. Before joining the Daydream team, Parris led entertainment partnerships for Google’s Consumer Apps Marketing group and oversaw major content/marketing partnerships with Disney, Warner Bros., Netflix, Fox, ABC, and others. Prior to Google, Parris worked at EQAL, an early pioneer in the YouTube/social/influencer space (later acquired by Everyday Health), Edelman (in their branded entertainment division) and 8+ years in the film business as a creative executive. Parris is a member of the TV Academy and serves on the Digital Strategy Committee. Parris holds a bachelor’s degree from University of Pennsylvania and an MFA in Film / TV Producing from the University of Southern California’s School of Cinematic Arts’ Peter Stark Program.
- Michael Ludden is a technologist, futurist, evangelist and product leader who loves to operate on the bleeding edge of what’s possible and is a frequent keynote speaker at events around the world. Currently Principal Augmented Reality Evangelist at Bose, Michael was previously Director of Product at IBM’s Watson Developer Labs & AR/VR Labs, Product/Developer Marketing Manager Lead at Google, Head of Product/Developer Marketing at Samsung and Product/Developer Evangelist at HTC, among other career stops. He has also been involved at various times in development, co-founding startups, tech show hosting, and even cruise-ship singing (don’t ask). As passionate about solving complex real-world problems as he is about Immersive Technologies (AR/VR) and Machine Learning (AI), Michael is also fascinated by all things futurist, and has been continuously involved in the creation of some of the most innovative new products and use cases that exist on the bleeding edge of emerging technology today. Michael has a degree from the University of California at Los Angeles (U.C.L.A.) and is excited to share some exciting insights into the future of our increasingly augmented world.