TRANSMISSION INNOVATION CAMP
// A Monday-To-Monday Acceleration Programme for Startups Between Content and Technology Within the Context of transmission: GLOBAL SUMMIT
Launching for the first time in transmitNOW’s history, the Innovation Camp is a unique acceleration programme dedicated to startups at the intersection of creative content and technology that leverages the expertise from transmitNOW’s international network of creators, academics, and business leaders.
Held over the course of eight days, 4 selected startups will be working in focused business modeling sessions in conjunction with a group of renowned mentors and The Value Web, while also having the opportunity to engage face-to-face with decision-making leaders and experts in the content and technology industries through the intimate surroundings established at transmission: GLOBAL SUMMIT.
// Startup companies:
- CafePlaylist: an online service dedicated to improve retail venue performance licensing compliance and to provide related value-added services to venue owners, consumers and industry organizations.
- Deebo: a web and mobile application that improves the quality of life for people with diabetes by providing an incentivized, game-like approach to blood glucose and lifestyle management. (www.deebo.com)
- MediaCore: a cloud-based online video platform that allows anyone to create, customize, and monetize their own video community (www.mediacore.com)
- Songspin.fm: a music discovery website that creates custom radio stations made of the hottest and freshest tracks on the internet
- Paul Hoffert, CM. (Professor, York University and Chair of Bell Broadcast & New Media Fund)
- Steven Masur, Esq. (Managing Partner, MasurLaw)
- David Neale (President, Neale & Associates)
- Ana Serrano (Director, CFC Media Lab)